Fiber plays a vital role in our digestive system. It helps in preventing many different kinds of disease in our body. It helps in preventing diabetes, lowering cholesterol level, constipation, heart diseases, and sometimes even in cancer but most importantly it is helps in losing weight for weight concern people. Like protein, intake of fiber makes you feel less hungry.
Fibers come from plants and there are two types of it. One is soluble and other one is insoluble. Both of these types are necessary for our digestive system to remain healthy.
According to many researches done, it has been concluded that the amount of fiber intake on a daily basis is 2/3. Most people still lack the knowledge about the importance of fiber in a healthy diet. Therefore, it is very important for everyone to learn the easiest ways to incorporate fiber in your diet regardless of whether you are on a weight loss diet or not.
Below are some of the useful tips on how to increase your fiber intake on daily basis as recommended by acjn.org.
- It is very important to have breakfast as it is the most important meal of the day regardless of whether you are on weight loss diet or not. It is recommended that you choose a meal with high amount of fiber in it for instance cereals with approximately 3 to 4 gram of fiber in it. It important to start your day with the right kind of breakfast.
- At the middle of the day, some people like to have some snack with their tea or coffee. It is better to have something that is high on fiber like granola bars or nuts instead of having donuts which are high calorie. Some of these high content fiber products are even available at the vending machine.
- Make a habit to have fresh fruits every day. Be it in the afternoon or in the evening. Fresh fruits have high content of fibers in them. Most of the fruits nowadays contain fiber such as apples, oranges, berries or pears.
- Increase the intake of legumes such as beans and peas. They can be served as curry or sometimes they are added to the salad or soup. They should be incorporated at least once in a day as they have high fiber content.
- Some people prefer having yoghurt a lot. They can add berries in them. This does not only increase the flavor of the yoghurt but they are also rich in fiber.
- Some people have the habit of just chewing something while at work like chocolate or gum, instead it is better to have nuts which are a lot healthier and it is also high in fiber content.
Bottom line is that it is not very difficult to incorporate fiber in your diet as long as you are determined to do it. Make sure to drink lots of water as fiber absorbs water from the digestive tract. Also, do not increase your fiber intake all of sudden. Slowly increase the content so that your digestive tract develops of this kind of change slowly without causing any gastrointestinal problem.